This post is long overdue. In fact I was even wondering whether to post it at all. But this is one seriously good Boozy Summer Lemonade and I wanted to have it here, if not for you, than for me. I tend to forget where I write down the ingredients and a lot of good recipes have disappeared in time.
So, this is my interpretation of summer lemonade. There are so many great drinks floating around the web recently, that I just couldn’t resist making my own. This Summer Lemonade is fruity, tangy, fragrant and with just the right amount of alcohol for my taste. It is definitely worth it to have it in the fridge, waiting for you, in a hot and blistering summer day.
Boozy Summer Lemonade
A refreshing, fruity and aromatic summer drink
- 1 cup of peaches, sliced
- 1 cup of cherries, unpitteed
- 1 cup of raspberries
- 150 gr. (¾ cup) sugar
- 1 liter (4 cups) water
- 250 ml. (1 cup) rose
- 2 tablespoons mint liquor
- Juice of 3 large lemons
- In a large saucepan mix the water, sugar, peaches, cherries and raspberries. Put over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the heat, cover with a lid and let cool to room temperatures.
- Add the lemon juice, the rose and the mint liquor, give the lemonade a good stir and cover again.
- Place in the refrigerator and let chill for at least 3 hours, better overnight.
- Remove the chilled lemonade from the fridge, strain and serve on ice.